Your personal data is important to me, and I will treat it with the upmost respect and protect your privacy as I would expect my own personal data to be protected.
Information I Collect or that is collected via your visit to my website
A message about Cookies is displayed on first entering my site and periodically after this. If you consent to accepting cookies:
Anonymous information is collected by Squarespace about your interaction with the site, such as the pages visited, the browser type and device type that you used.
This data is used by Squarespace to allow the site to function correctly for performance or security related reasons, and to see how the site is used by volumes of users to help improve user experience through future platform development work.
Personal data related to your transaction
To fulfil your order, you provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, date of order, the last 4 digits of your payment card number, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example) such as name, address and email address, if you contact me directly or if we meet in person.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests.
- This includes asking for feedback about the transaction, product and service to make sure that you are satisfied, or to gain feedback when you are not satisfied.
How your information will be stored
- Squarespace is my website provider and store all data online relating to my sales. Squarespace is a US based company who complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks which allows them to lawfully transfer EU and Swiss personal data to their US-based datacentres. You can read more about Squarespace’s Privacy Shield certifications here and the additional Data Processing addendum here.
- Each device where I access the Squarespace dashboard is securely pass word protected.
- Each of my email accounts are securely password protected, and every device where email is accessed are also password protected.
- I sometimes transfer data to spreadsheets, Word documents or similar digital documents on my personal laptop for compiling my financial accounts and recording sales information. This laptop is securely password protected.
- When I meet customers at events or face-to-face meetings I record information in a physical notebook. These are kept stored in my home office in a filing box or drawer.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Keeping your information private and secure is very important to me and my business, and I would never share it unless required to do so such as in the limited circumstances below:
- Squarespace: I share information with Squarespace as necessary to provide you my services.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as Squarespace and Stripe, mentioned above, and delivery companies such as Royal Mail. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have several rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Fiona Self, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
This policy was last updated on 14th June 2018